Directions to Civitella
The closest airport is Perugia Sant’Egidio. It is served by low-cost companies that operate from mainly within Europe. A cab from this airport to Civitella costs around 60€. Visit the website here for more information: http://www.airport.
Alternatively, most Fellows fly to Rome Fiumicino Airport and take the bus to Perugia. Visit the website here for more information: http://www.
We suggest flying to Rome Fiumicino Airport and taking a bus to Perugia Piazza Partigiani. The bus stop is located right outside terminal 3 at the international arrivals in Rome. There are direct buses to Perugia from Rome, Naples and Ravenna. Please more information visit: www.sulga.eu.
Fellows and Guests can take the train to Perugia Ponte San Giovanni, a station just outside the city of Perugia. If you’re coming from the north, Florence Santa Maria Novella provides multiple trains a day to Perugia. Traveling from the south, we suggest connecting at Rome Termini Station. There are direct trains every day from both Rome Termini and Firenze Santa Maria Novella. For schedules visit: http://www.trenitalia.
Once you arrive in Perugia Ponte San Giovanni, we suggest taking a local train (Umbriamobilità) to Umbertide. The trip is about 30 minutes. See schedules here: http://www.fsbusitalia.
If you are traveling from the city center of Perugia or from Piazza Partigiani, we suggest taking a local train (Umbriamobiltà) from the Perugia Sant’Anna Station to Umbertide. http://www.
From Rome – Naples
1. Take highway A1 towards Florence
2. Exit at Orte and take the E45 towards Perugia -Cesena
3. After 20km take the exit towards Perugia-Cesena
4. Drive 98km and exit at Umbertide
5. Directly off the exit, take the road towards Gubbio not towards Umbertide.
6. Drive 3.8km and look for a sign “Civitella Ranieri” on your left. The left turn will also be marked with a SP203 indicator.
7. Continue up the hill for 3km. At the blind curve, look for a left turn onto a dirt driveway, Via Ursula Corning. You will recognize the turn by a mirror on the cypress tree. You will see the castle to your right as you enter.
1. Take E45 towards Cesena
2. Exit at Umbertide
3. Follow directions 5-7 above
From Spoleto, Foligno, Spello, Assisi
1. Take SS75 towards Perugia
2. After the Ospedalicchio exit take E45 towards Cesena
3. Exit at Umbertide
4. Follow directions 5-7 above
From Florence / Arezzo / Sansepolcro / Città di Castello
1. Take highway A1 direction Rome
2. Take the exit to Arezzo
3. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Battifolle/Arezzo/Bibbiena/
4. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Raccordo Autostradale heading to Arezzo/Bibbiena/Sansepolcro
5. Continue onto Raccordo Arezzo-Battifolle heading towards Sansepolcro/Forlì/Ancona and follow signs for Sansepolcro/Citta di Castello
6. Follow SS221 direction Città di Castello. Once in Monterchi follow signs for Città di Castello
7. In Città di Castello merge onto SS 3 BIS Motorway E45 direction Rome/Perugia
8. After 21km exit at Umbertide
9. Turn left (direction Gubbio) and drive about 2km. At the blind curve, take your first right onto a dirt driveway, Via Ursula Corning. You will see a mirror on a cypress tree on the right. You have arrived.
From Milan / Bologna / Cesena
1. Take the A1 direction Bologna
2. From Bologna take A14 direction Ancona
3. Exit at Cesena
4. Merge onto SS 3 BIS Motorway E45 direction Rome/Perugia
5. Exit at Umbertide
6. Turn left (direction Gubbio) and drive about 2km. At the blind curve, take your first right onto a dirt driveway, Via Ursula Corning. You will see a mirror on a cypress tree on the right. You have arrived.
Civitella Ranieri Foundation
28 Hubert Street
New York, NY
Civitella Ranieri Center
Via Ursula Corning 1
060129 Localitá Civitella Ranieri