Many Civitellians were named part of the year’s notable fiction, poetry and nonfiction, selected by the editors of The New York Times Book Review, including…
- Daniel Okrent (DG 2014), for The Guarded Gate: Bigotry, Eugenics, and the Law That Kept Two Generations of Jews, Italians, and Other European Immigrants Out of America
- Peter Orner (CRF 2011) for Maggie Brown & Others
- Brenda Shaughnessy (DG 2018) for The Octopus Museum: Poems
- Margaret Atwood, former Civitella Trustee, for The Testaments
- Jericho Brown (CRF 2015) for The Tradition
- Carolyn Forché (CRF 2012) for What You Have Heard Is True: A Memoir of Witness and Resistance
See the complete list here.